Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: School Starts Tuesday
Damage Incorporated > 2006-2012 Archives > Members only [2006-2012] > Leaving/Taking a break [2006-2009] > Inactive
jBm
Ye well school starts Tuesday and as most people there will be some limitations to what I can do and what I can't.

No fights before about 3 EST (Doesn't usually happen, but if it does I won't be there til after 3)
Can't really stay up TOO late during the week (about 11:30 is ok) I know we are probably going to start f2ping during the week, this may limit me.

Pretty much here's what's goin on.

I am going into my Junior year of HS, and being honest I really fucked myself up my first two years. Honestly I'm pretty capable of getting honours and taking just about any class but I fucked around so much my GPA is barely at 70 (passing). My family has a large past with Penn state and I would be pretty embarassed if I didn't continue it (I am an only child so it'd get pretty fucked up) So if I don't do something pretty soon I will be fucked.

Thanks

edit 10/9/09
Ye bumping this, not sure if anyone actually cares or not but I'll say it anyway. I've been doing a lot better. A LOT. I have 2 A's and a B which will soon turn to the same as my others. I've come to the conclusion that even though PSU would mean a lot to me, it's one of the things I lost as a result of my past. It sucks, but shit happens and you got to live with it really. There is still a lot of hope in colleges for me, considering my Foreign Language situation. Quite a few popular ones as well, which I think I have a good shot with.

For anyone who cares:
West Chester University (Close to me, popular around here)
Southern Miss
Ole Miss
Indiana Univ. of PA
Drexel University (seems easier than I think it is, but it's possible.)
Duquesne (In Pittsburgh, near Oergg)
Slippery Rock (Also in PA, seems pretty cool. I know a few people who go here)
University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) - Also does not require a FL and is a great school from what I've heard. Would definately be different than anything I have seen before.
University of Indianapolis- Similar to UNLV.
Oklahoma St - Great football team, seems like it'd be awesome.

There are only a few I have found so far. Few are local and a few are a good distance away from home. What I am really looking forward to is something different than what I have been part of my whole life. It's starting to get bored and by 2011 it will be much needed. To those of you who are wondering why I am posting this, it's basically some sort of motivation for me as well as a few people had asked. If you don't wanna read about it, I don't blame you.

OT: I may miss a few weekends here and there due to visiting colleges, will update again with specific dates.

Bump 1/13/10

I'll bump this again, since I found out some good news.

This semesters grading closes tomorrow and I finished with a 3.5 GPA (~91). Hoping for better next semester, shouldn't be too hard considering I have a lot easier of schedule.

Physics I
Health/Gym (Easy A)
Engines Tech II (Easy A) - May switch to Statistics or a different 12th grade academic class to make it easier next year.
as well as Math (FY, AlgII)
Duvasio
same grrr4cz.gif
jBm
QUOTE(Dancin D @ Sep 6 2009, 02:27 PM) *

same grrr4cz.gif

RED IN THE FACE HOLY SHIT MAN
jBm
Ye bumping this, not sure if anyone actually cares or not but I'll say it anyway. I've been doing a lot better. A LOT. I have 2 A's and a B which will soon turn to the same as my others. I've come to the conclusion that even though PSU would mean a lot to me, it's one of the things I lost as a result of my past. It sucks, but shit happens and you got to live with it really. There is still a lot of hope in colleges for me, considering my Foreign Language situation. Quite a few popular ones as well, which I think I have a good shot with.

For anyone who cares:
West Chester University (Close to me, popular around here)
Southern Miss
Ole Miss
Indiana Univ. of PA
Drexel University (seems easier than I think it is, but it's possible.)
Slippery Rock (Also in PA, seems pretty cool. I know a few people who go here)
University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) - Also does not require a FL and is a great school from what I've heard. Would definately be different than anything I have seen before.
University of Indianapolis- Similar to UNLV.
Oklahoma St - Great football team, seems like it'd be awesome.

There are only a few I have found so far. Few are local and a few are a good distance away from home. What I am really looking forward to is something different than what I have been part of my whole life. It's starting to get bored and by 2011 it will be much needed. To those of you who are wondering why I am posting this, it's basically some sort of motivation for me as well as a few people had asked. If you don't wanna read about it, I don't blame you.

OT: I may miss a few weekends here and there due to visiting colleges, will update again with specific dates.
Speedhawaii
I'm not telling you what you should do, but I'd advise you to spend as much time possible on your current studies, homework, exams, etc. Colleges tend to examine the Junior year of prospective students and tend to base their acceptance on Junior year grades + SATs. I'm happy that you're doing well, so make sure to keep it up.

P.S - UNLV, I don't know man, I was there for a weekend and it was a massive orgy of parties there. Great for a first year experience, but I wouldn't recommend it for the long run.

Good luck bro.

jBm
QUOTE(Speedhawaii @ Oct 9 2009, 02:26 AM) *

I'm not telling you what you should do, but I'd advise you to spend as much time possible on your current studies, homework, exams, etc. Colleges tend to examine the Junior year of prospective students and tend to base their acceptance on Junior year grades + SATs. I'm happy that you're doing well, so make sure to keep it up.

P.S - UNLV, I don't know man, I was there for a weekend and it was a massive orgy of parties there. Great for a first year experience, but I wouldn't recommend it for the long run.

Good luck bro.

Thanks, and yea I think I have finally figured it all out. And I didn't know that about UNLV actually, we'll see tongue.gif
Geert

Stop looking.
Null Strikes
Gl man, seems like your on the right track
hawk9191
come to roger williams university in Rhode Island (lol) Seriously grades are not everything with getting into college, good sat score, being active in sports/clubs and shit. Community Service is another one. Just be a "good citizen" and write a motherfucking awesome college essay. With your family having history at PSU its definitely a lot easier to get into then if you didn't.

tl;dr don't count PSU out yet
jBm
QUOTE(hawk9191 @ Oct 10 2009, 02:54 PM) *

come to roger williams university in Rhode Island (lol) Seriously grades are not everything with getting into college, good sat score, being active in sports/clubs and shit. Community Service is another one. Just be a "good citizen" and write a motherfucking awesome college essay. With your family having history at PSU its definitely a lot easier to get into then if you didn't.

Well considering I KNOW you need a 3.7ish to even be considered and I have around a 3, I don't see it happening. Just being realistic.
hawk9191
QUOTE(Jbomb @ Oct 10 2009, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(hawk9191 @ Oct 10 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Well considering I KNOW you need a 3.7ish to even be considered and I have around a 3, I don't see it happening. Just being realistic.

i got into northeastern with a 2.8, nuff said.
Alex Dawg
Good luck in school jbomb

and just have fun with it man
RcBlakDrag27
pce
jBm
Just an update for anyone who still looks here and or cares.

Doing great now, straight A's and a lot happier with myself. Looks like it may be a bright future.
Geert
QUOTE(Jbomb @ Oct 23 2009, 09:15 AM) *

Doing great now, straight A's and a lot happier with myself. Looks like it may be a bright future.

Never thought you had it in you man.
jBm
QUOTE(Geertjen2 @ Oct 23 2009, 04:18 AM) *

??????????????
Lord Tom9
QUOTE(Jbomb @ Oct 23 2009, 09:20 AM) *
QUOTE(Geertjen2 @ Oct 23 2009, 04:18 AM) *

??????????????

nice job but shame u can be inactive whenever u want sad.gif

jBm
I'll bump this again, since I found out some good news.

This semesters grading closes tomorrow and I finished with a 3.5 GPA (~91). Hoping for better next semester, shouldn't be too hard considering I have a lot easier of schedule.

Physics I
Health/Gym (Easy A)
Engines Tech II (Easy A) - May switch to Statistics or a different 12th grade academic class to make it easier next year.
as well as Math (FY, AlgII)
_Tom_
shut up idiort
hockey123456
QUOTE(Arne33 @ Jan 13 2010, 05:40 PM) *

shut up idiort

almost pulling a p min3r here(almost).
James-
Looks good bro
คคг๏n
lmao fucking retard
Chocolate
lol
hawk9191
this semester is going to blow for me. I technically only have 5 classes but 3 of those classes require 3 hour labs once a week. So I have 8 classes fist pump for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.