King Woodly
post Mar 26 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #1

God of War

Group: Guest
Topic Count: 243
Member No.: 9

Just a few things from the fight.

I think we need to be bit more strict on people who bitch and complain from start to ending during trips. Seen a couple of people doing this and I think it effects us and we need to let them know not to do it, since I personally think morale is a huge thing and is needed during fights to keep us going strong. People who complain about dying, or us being "slaughtered" and such need to be told to sdfu from time to time when they really shouldn't be doing it to begin with. Not saying people should lie and say we're winning when we aren't but the way things are worded can go a long way (especially when regular members are bitching about binders and cursing up a storm).

Promoting the use of range/mage during pk trips is a must now I think. Mages are like one of the key factors to winning a pk trip these days since without them you can't have any type of organization. While we are stuck at like the same handful of people binding every week other clans have tons who do so for them. We also need more rangers to take out enemy mages and have a balance between the 3 combat styles so we can get quicker ko's. To be honest the way I see DI, our organization is ALOT different from other clans. We have all these big levels and if we took advantage of them all we'd be able to destroy everyone easily. I'd say if we had 45 % melee, 30 % range and 25 % mages we wouldn't need huge piles to kill someone and our 40-60 op piles that we tend to create would be going around ko'ing like mad. People are just afraid to range since they afraid as being viewed as "cheap", where as the rest of the clan world doesn't give a shit. We need to remind them that DI doesn't care what outsiders think and just what we think of each other, and sometimes not even that lol.

"Brian" gear. We have to stress to people that it is NOT ok to use it. It confuses the shit out of most since everyone looks for thet distinctive kind of gear to find Brian and fall in on him. I'd even go as far as to say whenever people see that gear out there their "spirits" are greatly lifted and it doesn't help that alot of the time they highlight the person just to see that it isn't Brian. Not to mention plates help more than chains and its what melee'rs should be wearing.

Oh, don't forget to mass pm people letting them know that sign ups are mandatory now and that they HAVE to reply to it.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about todays fight. I guess maybe it was sort of a good thing to let people know not to relax. I'm positive though that people will be taking these fights alot more seriously now and hopefully we'll pull the max ops we need to convincingly beat DF this upcoming weekend.

Guess this topic was mostly made so all the warlords and Brian can post their opinions on how they think we need to improve and what we can do to work on what we aren't good at.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Metallica100
post Mar 26 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #2

Luke

Topic Count: 318
Member No.: 17

People just need to be more obediant, they follow you and pile one guy then split off like headless chickens. I mean how many times do they need to be told not to, I swear every fight people do the same thing. Pisses me off and has to stop.
+Quote Post
@Brian
post Mar 26 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #3

Leader

Group: Admin
Topic Count: 5203
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(King Woodly @ Mar 26 2007, 04:35 AM) *

Just a few things from the fight.

1) I think we need to be bit more strict on people who bitch and complain from start to ending during trips. Seen a couple of people doing this and I think it effects us and we need to let them know not to do it, since I personally think morale is a huge thing and is needed during fights to keep us going strong. People who complain about dying, or us being "slaughtered" and such need to be told to sdfu from time to time when they really shouldn't be doing it to begin with. Not saying people should lie and say we're winning when we aren't but the way things are worded can go a long way (especially when regular members are bitching about binders and cursing up a storm).

2) Promoting the use of range/mage during pk trips is a must now I think. Mages are like one of the key factors to winning a pk trip these days since without them you can't have any type of organization. While we are stuck at like the same handful of people binding every week other clans have tons who do so for them. We also need more rangers to take out enemy mages and have a balance between the 3 combat styles so we can get quicker ko's. To be honest the way I see DI, our organization is ALOT different from other clans. We have all these big levels and if we took advantage of them all we'd be able to destroy everyone easily. I'd say if we had 45 % melee, 30 % range and 25 % mages we wouldn't need huge piles to kill someone and our 40-60 op piles that we tend to create would be going around ko'ing like mad. People are just afraid to range since they afraid as being viewed as "cheap", where as the rest of the clan world doesn't give a shit. We need to remind them that DI doesn't care what outsiders think and just what we think of each other, and sometimes not even that lol.

"Brian" gear. We have to stress to people that it is NOT ok to use it. It confuses the shit out of most since everyone looks for thet distinctive kind of gear to find Brian and fall in on him. I'd even go as far as to say whenever people see that gear out there their "spirits" are greatly lifted and it doesn't help that alot of the time they highlight the person just to see that it isn't Brian. Not to mention plates help more than chains and its what melee'rs should be wearing.

Oh, don't forget to mass pm people letting them know that sign ups are mandatory now and that they HAVE to reply to it.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about todays fight. I guess maybe it was sort of a good thing to let people know not to relax. I'm positive though that people will be taking these fights alot more seriously now and hopefully we'll pull the max ops we need to convincingly beat DF this upcoming weekend.

Guess this topic was mostly made so all the warlords and Brian can post their opinions on how they think we need to improve and what we can do to work on what we aren't good at.

1) Yea, ive banned people before for saying were losing and stuff like that. I dont think people should ever say were losing, regardless of how bad the situation is, saying something like "its been better" or, "it could be better" is fine, but when people say stuff like, "were getting raped", it just puts everyone in a bad mood, and causes people to leave. On the flip side of the coin, I dont think people shoudl ever say that we're winning either. Whenever people think we're winning, its like, im just 1 person, me leaving wont stop us from winning. Thats fine, but the thing is, 10 people are gonna say that to themselves, and then we start losing and cant do anything about it.

2) Yea, I was thinking about in our signup, having people stating what combat style they'll be using on the trip (although I left it too late for this weeks trip, i'll include it in the week after). Then say for example, if we didnt have at least 10 people binding, we'd ask people to bind to make up the numbers.

Just to add, I'd say our balance is like 50% GMT, 45% EST-PST and about 5% others. This makes any kind of long winded fight on a Sunday extremely dangerous. We've got alot more GMT then any of the other top 5 clans, I mean, we must have the largest Fin community outside of a Finnish only clan. Were always going to be in a kind of a rut unless we tactically recruit based on timezones.

If we dont beat DF next Saturday, they'll run away with it, and become what DS was, and then we've got a hell of alot of work to do.
+Quote Post
mynameisjoe5
post Mar 26 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Topic Count: 109
Member No.: 71

Yea I think the next fight is critical, already alot of people particularly ex ds are probably going to be drawn to df as a way of getting back at us. If we don't beat them next couple fights they'll get really strong like ds was.

Again at the fight we really seem to struggle away from greaters. We lose our advantage of having 80%? of our 300 options returning instantly compared to other clans maybe 50%?
More than anything greaters serves as a great landmark for us as to where we are and its on a hill so you get a good camera angle of where everyone else is. At the gate everything is flat and its easy to get dragged far quickly.

At the gate we just need to better at getting everyone to stick together and doing 1 pile at a time then regrouping and with an even greater emphasis on having enough binders. The other day we would kill 1 guy, and then have 4/5 of our options split off into 15-45 option piles and get dragged to the other side of rs and have no energy left to attack anyone.

I'm thinking maybe at gate we do what ds did as they were really good at that location: Everyone is private to friends so we have a better sense of where we are on the battlefield because everything looks the same and the camera angle isn't as good as it is at greaters. We can all carry pink skirts, or use a special cape to get attention to get people to follow us instead of just being a green dot. I mean most clans already know who we are and already target us alot anyways so I don't think it would make a huge difference, and even with pink skirts you only put them on while getting people to follow you sometimes.

Df imo is alot better than ds at pking. Ds had alot of members in a favorable timezone, equal levels, and strong hate to use against us. Only thing that df lacked of these things was levels and the hate to keep going to get us. There pk leaders and gathering ability is a bit better imo. Kid, Riku, Metal Rock, and Fefe2 were the only really leaders for ds on the battlefield. We take them out they would stand around and do nothing. They also seemed from my perspective to only look around for anyone leading a pile of people and ignore the guys walking around. Df seems to do as we do targeting any random person they see. Our members are also alot less familiar with their leaders so they don't always get killed as quickly.

Next fight I think we need to pay special attention to and attack:
1. Anyone who tries to start a pile. When we see a guy trying to get df to fall in on him, we all need to rush him and make him stop for the moment. Mostly these people seem to be: Bountyhunter, Lil2, Veseable, Flint, ballingboy, but also a random people do it also.
2. Their mages and rangers. We do shit when we don't have mages so its common sense what would happen if they don't. Their rangers target our mages alot, I saw that yesterday but its hard sometimes to see where the arrows are coming from.

Also maybe before we go out separate into 3 piles to see how many mages, rangers, and meleers we have.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2022 - 10:11 AM