> Snipers?
Fuddy
post Jan 3 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #16

CRAyYOoLA KRaYOooNNsS

Group: Guest
Topic Count: 126
Member No.: 127

No use in sniping out their binders with BH really. I'm sure all of SE will be binding just like we plan to.

But I agree that fucking their fall ins would be really helpful. I'd be happy to lead this, but I can't commit to anything until I know what times I will have to be @ my classmates' house.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe
post Jan 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #17

Blogs

Topic Count: 99
Member No.: 777

QUOTE(Fuddy @ Jan 3 2008, 10:57 PM) *

No use in sniping out their binders with BH really. I'm sure all of SE will be binding just like we plan to.

But I agree that fucking their fall ins would be really helpful. I'd be happy to lead this, but I can't commit to anything until I know what times I will have to be @ my classmates' house.

Apparently SE get pissed off about being sniped and bitch about it on TS, so might be a good idea to do it to their main binders which Aaron posted a list of.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Fuddy
post Jan 3 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #18

CRAyYOoLA KRaYOooNNsS

Topic Count: 126
Member No.: 127

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 3 2008, 05:02 PM) *

Apparently SE get pissed off about being sniped and bitch about it on TS, so might be a good idea to do it to their main binders which Aaron posted a list of.

If we think it will work then I'm all for it.

I've been pushing for a range unit for some time now obviously lol. ANYTHING that utilizes our rangers I'll support.

ALSO - a suggestion: If we have a game plan going into this fight it would help.. something like:

Brian/name/name = Stay with main pile and take over when the other(s) die
Name/name = Lead the range unit
Name/name = Sneak into SE pile and relay their location into warroom channel so we can constantly hit SE

Things like that would be awesome and coordinate our leadership, which I think is really needed. If people knew what their role was we would waste less time and there would be a lot less standing around. Plus, we have 8 of us here that were given the rank for a reason I assume. USE US!

This post has been edited by Fuddy: Jan 3 2008, 11:11 PM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Jan 3 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #19

Blogs

QUOTE(Fuddy @ Jan 3 2008, 11:17 PM) *

I've been pushing for a range unit for some time now obviously lol. ANYTHING that utilizes our rangers I'll support.

ALSO - a suggestion: If we have a game plan going into this fight it would help.. something like:

Name/name = Sneak into SE pile and relay their location into warroom channel so we can constantly hit SE

Things like that would be awesome and coordinate our leadership, which I think is really needed. If people knew what their role was we would waste less time and there would be a lot less standing around. Plus, we have 8 of us here that were given the rank for a reason I assume. USE US!

Yeh we could do the thing where we have someone following their pile like we used to use Arkcosp for, worked quite well, not sure if its needed with boundaries this small though, its basically just a bit bigger than tree to tree.

I don't necessarily think a specific ranger unit in a seperate ts room etc would be the best option, maybe 5-10 independant snipers occasionally together just sniping targets would be good to piss them off.

And one other thing, I know its not in our rules but the rules of the fight state a silver skull - if our rangers wore zammy helms and then protected they still have a silver skull but not rune legs, so they can return infinitely. Up to Brian if we allow that though.
+Quote Post
Filed
post Jan 4 2008, 06:14 AM
Post #20

Lock 'n load.

Topic Count: 135
Member No.: 2,219

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 3 2008, 11:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Fuddy @ Jan 3 2008, 11:17 PM) *

Yeh we could do the thing where we have someone following their pile like we used to use Arkcosp for, worked quite well, not sure if its needed with boundaries this small though, its basically just a bit bigger than tree to tree.

I don't necessarily think a specific ranger unit in a seperate ts room etc would be the best option, maybe 5-10 independant snipers occasionally together just sniping targets would be good to piss them off.

And one other thing, I know its not in our rules but the rules of the fight state a silver skull - if our rangers wore zammy helms and then protected they still have a silver skull but not rune legs, so they can return infinitely. Up to Brian if we allow that though.

I dunno, if people get a kill they cant protect, even if they dont pick it up. The cost of a white skull is ~100k, all they need is helm scim plate, or something. Which costs less.
But yeah, i like the idea- I think we'd get a few more rangers if we slackened our rules a llittle, the 3 peices of rune thing for example (Doesnt include helm) Thats like an extra 50k per death, on long f2p's it can add up if your snipe ranging, since chances are your gonna get piled lol.

Id like to see a range unit put back into place, its underestimated ALOT in f2p. When people get attacked, what do they do? Melee pray. I think it would be a good idea to keep them in the main pile too, since people melee pray, quicker ko's if you got some rangers to go with it.

Snipe ranger team for welfare icon_cool.png
Maybe they could head in with a god helm, when they get a kill, leave and get normal rune to a white skull. But then the 30 sec thing comes into play. I think it would have to be tried just to see what the best option is. Rangers wont really need weapons anymore, since bank is right outside. Instead of a scim they can get more def.

Cheapest gear with white skull; Rune helm, Rune chain, Rune legs (~110k) (70k if you can protect)
or you can get away with a rune helm (t) (~210k in GE) But thats actually more expencive and less usefull if you get piled.

Yea, basically, rangers wont NEED weapons anymore. They can use the helm chain legs set up, I went in with only the chain legs and helm- and its still a white skull, so no problems about arrows or food lowering the skull value.

This post has been edited by Filed: Jan 4 2008, 06:16 AM
+Quote Post
Joe
post Jan 4 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #21

Blogs

QUOTE(Filed @ Jan 4 2008, 06:22 AM) *

Id like to see a range unit put back into place, its underestimated ALOT in f2p. When people get attacked, what do they do? Melee pray. I think it would be a good idea to keep them in the main pile too, since people melee pray, quicker ko's if you got some rangers to go with it.

We already get rangers ranging the people that the main pile attack, what we need is a certain amount of rangers just doing their own thing to an extent and ranging the other teams Fall in leaders and binders. Just look at when we get attacked when we're leading a fall in, its a lot harder to lead well while eating praying etc, and its impossible to bind when you're getting sniped. If you've ever watched a RsD fight they have rangers all over the place (probably too many but we don't need that) and if they all stick on the binders, the other team loses binders. I bet if you asked some Di members who often bind at the start of the fight they'll tell you they stopped binding for at least a few deaths, if not entirely, because they're getting sniped.
+Quote Post
Filed
post Jan 4 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #22

Lock 'n load.

Topic Count: 135
Member No.: 2,219

QUOTE(Joe @ Jan 4 2008, 01:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Filed @ Jan 4 2008, 06:22 AM) *

We already get rangers ranging the people that the main pile attack, what we need is a certain amount of rangers just doing their own thing to an extent and ranging the other teams Fall in leaders and binders. Just look at when we get attacked when we're leading a fall in, its a lot harder to lead well while eating praying etc, and its impossible to bind when you're getting sniped. If you've ever watched a RsD fight they have rangers all over the place (probably too many but we don't need that) and if they all stick on the binders, the other team loses binders. I bet if you asked some Di members who often bind at the start of the fight they'll tell you they stopped binding for at least a few deaths, if not entirely, because they're getting sniped.

Yea, im just saying not to have ALL the rangers in the ranger unit
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2021 - 02:39 AM