> College Football
Code
post Aug 10 2020, 02:27 AM
Post #2596

Roll with the punches

Group: Guest
Topic Count: 36
Member No.: 21,815

I work in D1 college athletics and nobody I know in the power 5 thinks CFB is going to happen this year. For whatever that's worth.

It's obv a $$$ thing, but the simple fact of the matter is most programs receive a majoritty of funding from the university general fund and the standard will be safe enough for reg students, safe enough for student-athletes. Good luck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Psychoツ
post Aug 10 2020, 11:49 AM
Post #2597

Topic Count: 208
Member No.: 9,317

Yeah I can see the NFL carrying on like the other sports are trying to do at the moment, but it's just hard to imagine CFB coming back, in almost any capacity, considering all of the troubles we're already seeing with schools reopening.
+Quote Post
Code
post Aug 12 2020, 04:27 PM
Post #2598

Roll with the punches

QUOTE(Code @ Aug 9 2020, 10:27 PM) *

I work in D1 college athletics and nobody I know in the power 5 thinks CFB is going to happen this year. For whatever that's worth.

It's obv a $$$ thing, but the simple fact of the matter is most programs receive a majoritty of funding from the university general fund and the standard will be safe enough for reg students, safe enough for student-athletes. Good luck

And not so surprising anymore given recent announcements. Pac-12 and B1G will not play while the Big 12, ACC, and SEC move forward.

$$$$. Pac-12 and B1G can offset losses because most of the schools in these conferences are in larger cities and the universities have incredibly strong research programs & opportunities. AKA, general fund mitigating some of the short-term losses (like not playing in the fall but playing in the spring).

Never about player safety. Playing two football seasons in a calendar year proves that, though anyone with a brain needed no proof. Big 12, ACC, and SEC impact their local communities immensely. They need college football revenue to keep going. My guess is they'll play a few games to get some of the TV $$ they otherwise wouldn't have gotten and then some bozo is going to mess it up for everyone and force conferences to close down.

This post has been edited by Code: Aug 12 2020, 04:28 PM
+Quote Post
Code
post Aug 13 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #2599

Roll with the punches

heyy that's fine scleritis m8888
+Quote Post
MTA48
post Nov 3 2020, 04:01 AM
Post #2600

southerner

Topic Count: 171
Member No.: 12

PAC 10 return this weekend. Any way a team makes it to be considered for the playoffs?

Looks like Alabama and Clemson are borderline set up to go to the playoffs yet again. I may be wrong but I think Clemson handles Notre Dame this weekend.

Thoughts?
+Quote Post

174 Pages V « < 172 173 174
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2020 - 02:16 AM