> Looking to build or buy
Kurt
post Oct 13 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Oldee: FREG SAKE KURTIS

Group: Guest
Topic Count: 100
Member No.: 441,941

I've been looking into building a computer but I have virtually no experience with computers by those means. I'm essentially looking for a gaming computer for steam games along with the occasional bigger game like fallout 4 and things of that sort. I also still play rs so I know the CPU is important for getting a decent frame rate with that.

I'm willing to try building but of course it would be easier to just buy a computer. My price limit is probably around $1000. It would be preferred that if I do a certain build, that it either has a guide or I need to find a general guide to build it seeing as I have zero experience. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sgt. Severed
post Oct 13 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Autistic Obsessive Degenerate

Topic Count: 38
Member No.: 14,404

Honestly best bet is to just go on a site like this (I've used before) or maybe people have other similar decent ones that ship in the US.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Pick out one near your price range that interests you, and you can configure each part by option/price. Generally the site only let's you put together combinations that work together, but you can always verify with them/yourself before placing the order.
They build it for you and ship.

Try to find one your like, or attempt to put one together from scratch, and post your choice on here and we can review it.

Basically you may as well try to get a SSD in this day, maybe a storage HD, a strong processor, decent ram (8gb) and a video card for whatever level of games you want to play outside of RS. Power supply, mobo, etc don't really make too much of a difference other than supporting everything else that does.

You may not end up getting the absolute highest value for price/performance without in depth research but basically anything you throw together under the right guidelines will work good enough.

This post has been edited by Sir_Severed: Oct 13 2015, 08:20 PM
+Quote Post
Kurt
post Oct 13 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Well my biggest issue by means of computer specs is I generally just don't know what the hell im talking about, plus putting it together myself is a whole different issue in itself. I just want to make sure I buy something reasonable that will last me at least a couple years
+Quote Post
Scleritis
post Oct 13 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #4

My man Inf left a Tec and a 9 at my crib

Topic Count: 121
Member No.: 128,735

building ones easy i built mine 2 years ago without any experience

think i just watched a youtube video lol
+Quote Post
Kurt
post Oct 13 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Scleritis @ Oct 13 2015, 04:24 PM) *

building ones easy i built mine 2 years ago without any experience

think i just watched a youtube video lol

So I could use a general "build your own pc" type guide and it should help me even if I'm not using the same exact components?
+Quote Post
Scleritis
post Oct 13 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #6

My man Inf left a Tec and a 9 at my crib

Topic Count: 121
Member No.: 128,735

ye pretty much

i mean there might be some slight differences (like my case had a switch on the front u had to plug in for the power button which the video didnt cover but the manuals for the parts cover that shit)

ill try find the vid i watched he sounded a bit like pt

This post has been edited by Scleritis: Oct 13 2015, 08:43 PM
+Quote Post
Sgt. Severed
post Oct 14 2015, 12:25 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Kurt @ Oct 13 2015, 01:24 PM) *

Well my biggest issue by means of computer specs is I generally just don't know what the hell im talking about, plus putting it together myself is a whole different issue in itself. I just want to make sure I buy something reasonable that will last me at least a couple years

Outside of SSD/HDD it is pretty much always more expensive is better. You can literally just pick to your hearts content lol. If you want more storage upgrade the storage. If you want to be able to play games on max settings ball on a video card. Etc.
+Quote Post
Raynard
post Oct 17 2015, 03:54 PM
Post #8

I live on an island.

Topic Count: 266
Member No.: 6,023

Don't be a pussy. Just build. Read a few guides, watch a few vids, be patient and don't rush. It's really difficult to fuck up a PC build, you just have be attentive.
+Quote Post
Nick Numbers
post Oct 18 2015, 07:55 AM
Post #9

Topic Count: 90
Member No.: 446,859

ye dont b a pussy
+Quote Post
Code
post Oct 18 2015, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Roll with the punches

Topic Count: 36
Member No.: 21,815

I built mine like three years ago now with no prior knowledge. It's really not that difficult to do; just a bit of patience and attentiveness is needed. I watched Newegg's videos on YouTube and it was a breeze.

+Quote Post
Master Zim
post Oct 18 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #11

Topic Count: 22
Member No.: 36,581

Can confirm that you're being a pussy. Also ignore Sir_Severed and his "expensive is always better" bullshit. There are definite price breaks where you aren't getting nearly enough bang for your buck and you are pretty much throwing money away.
+Quote Post
Sgt. Severed
post Oct 18 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Master Zim @ Oct 18 2015, 10:14 AM) *

Can confirm that you're being a pussy. Also ignore Sir_Severed and his "expensive is always better" bullshit. There are definite price breaks where you aren't getting nearly enough bang for your buck and you are pretty much throwing money away.

Not going to get into technicalities. He's not buying a top of the line build and min/maxing with regards to price and futureproofing.

He just wants a decent PC that will game well and that means going for what are basically accepted standards in each price range. You pick his parts then since he doesn't have a clue.
+Quote Post
Tommy
post Oct 18 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #13

Topic Count: 216
Member No.: 17,492

just copy someones memebuild on pcpartpicker if ur afraid of shit not workin

but if u wanna be more intelligent about it

two routes u can take, micro atx build or atx.

micro atx pros:
smaller form factor
generally cheaper
allow a compact case

micro atx cons:
limits on further upgrades due to minimal sata ports/pci slots/ram slots etc
less options on micro atx
good chipsets cost more
cooling, airflow and all other shit may require a little brainpower on the logistics

atx pros:
classic desktop size
plenty of space for further upgrade
ability to crossfire, have shitloads of drives, etc
shitloads of options

atx cons:
if you get too big of a case and decide you want something smaller (or need something smaller) ur shit is just fucked up at that point*
(this shouldnt really be a problem, but sometimes people buy pcs and then 2 months later they move somewhere where thye dont have space for it)
sometimes u may pay for shitloads of bs features that you might not necessarily need
or if you dont utilize the extra slots ever

so ya if u get micro atx, just get a micro atx board with a matx case of your choosing with a cpu (I got a the bitfenix prodigy, its ite), a single card, most likely a 450-550w psu, 2x?GB of ram, one of those prebuilt watercoolers by corsair, an ssd (its worth it) and take your old hdd if u wanna be a jew or buy a second hdd. disc drive optional, its 2015 be honest do u need that shit?

if you get atx, atx case of your choosing, atx board with cpu, single gpu card, 500-600w psu, 2x?gb of ram, ssd, hdd (or recycle old one), disc drive optional. airflow is generally fine in atx cases since most have case fans, unless you live in like the desert or something
+Quote Post
Master Zim
post Oct 19 2015, 01:10 AM
Post #14

Topic Count: 22
Member No.: 36,581

QUOTE(Sir_Severed @ Oct 18 2015, 11:49 AM) *

Not going to get into technicalities. He's not buying a top of the line build and min/maxing with regards to price and futureproofing.

He just wants a decent PC that will game well and that means going for what are basically accepted standards in each price range. You pick his parts then since he doesn't have a clue.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LDQpcf
Ok. If I was building a pc right now, today, this is the pc I would build. This doesn't include peripherals/monitor/network cards or anything so if you need those it will have to be adjusted. The case is just a reliable corsair 200r that you can't go wrong with, but it can be changed out depending on your taste.
+Quote Post
sounds
post Oct 20 2015, 01:23 AM
Post #15

d

Topic Count: 110
Member No.: 60,889

QUOTE(Master Zim @ Oct 19 2015, 05:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Sir_Severed @ Oct 18 2015, 11:49 AM) *

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LDQpcf
Ok. If I was building a pc right now, today, this is the pc I would build. This doesn't include peripherals/monitor/network cards or anything so if you need those it will have to be adjusted. The case is just a reliable corsair 200r that you can't go wrong with, but it can be changed out depending on your taste.

>Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)
>$97.89

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

IT IS LITERALLY FREE FROM MICROSOFT

AHAHAHAHAHA
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th February 2021 - 03:45 AM