Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School Starts Tuesday
jBm
post Sep 6 2009, 05:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Guest
Topic Count: 189
Member No.: 15,492

Ye well school starts Tuesday and as most people there will be some limitations to what I can do and what I can't.

No fights before about 3 EST (Doesn't usually happen, but if it does I won't be there til after 3)
Can't really stay up TOO late during the week (about 11:30 is ok) I know we are probably going to start f2ping during the week, this may limit me.

Pretty much here's what's goin on.

I am going into my Junior year of HS, and being honest I really fucked myself up my first two years. Honestly I'm pretty capable of getting honours and taking just about any class but I fucked around so much my GPA is barely at 70 (passing). My family has a large past with Penn state and I would be pretty embarassed if I didn't continue it (I am an only child so it'd get pretty fucked up) So if I don't do something pretty soon I will be fucked.

Thanks

edit 10/9/09
Ye bumping this, not sure if anyone actually cares or not but I'll say it anyway. I've been doing a lot better. A LOT. I have 2 A's and a B which will soon turn to the same as my others. I've come to the conclusion that even though PSU would mean a lot to me, it's one of the things I lost as a result of my past. It sucks, but shit happens and you got to live with it really. There is still a lot of hope in colleges for me, considering my Foreign Language situation. Quite a few popular ones as well, which I think I have a good shot with.

For anyone who cares:
West Chester University (Close to me, popular around here)
Southern Miss
Ole Miss
Indiana Univ. of PA
Drexel University (seems easier than I think it is, but it's possible.)
Duquesne (In Pittsburgh, near Oergg)
Slippery Rock (Also in PA, seems pretty cool. I know a few people who go here)
University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) - Also does not require a FL and is a great school from what I've heard. Would definately be different than anything I have seen before.
University of Indianapolis- Similar to UNLV.
Oklahoma St - Great football team, seems like it'd be awesome.

There are only a few I have found so far. Few are local and a few are a good distance away from home. What I am really looking forward to is something different than what I have been part of my whole life. It's starting to get bored and by 2011 it will be much needed. To those of you who are wondering why I am posting this, it's basically some sort of motivation for me as well as a few people had asked. If you don't wanna read about it, I don't blame you.

OT: I may miss a few weekends here and there due to visiting colleges, will update again with specific dates.

Bump 1/13/10

I'll bump this again, since I found out some good news.

This semesters grading closes tomorrow and I finished with a 3.5 GPA (~91). Hoping for better next semester, shouldn't be too hard considering I have a lot easier of schedule.

Physics I
Health/Gym (Easy A)
Engines Tech II (Easy A) - May switch to Statistics or a different 12th grade academic class to make it easier next year.
as well as Math (FY, AlgII)

This post has been edited by Jbomb: Jan 13 2010, 11:19 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duvasio
post Sep 6 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Topic Count: 74
Member No.: 35,347

same grrr4cz.gif
+Quote Post
jBm
post Sep 7 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(Dancin D @ Sep 6 2009, 02:27 PM) *

same grrr4cz.gif

RED IN THE FACE HOLY SHIT MAN
+Quote Post
jBm
post Oct 9 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #4

Ye bumping this, not sure if anyone actually cares or not but I'll say it anyway. I've been doing a lot better. A LOT. I have 2 A's and a B which will soon turn to the same as my others. I've come to the conclusion that even though PSU would mean a lot to me, it's one of the things I lost as a result of my past. It sucks, but shit happens and you got to live with it really. There is still a lot of hope in colleges for me, considering my Foreign Language situation. Quite a few popular ones as well, which I think I have a good shot with.

For anyone who cares:
West Chester University (Close to me, popular around here)
Southern Miss
Ole Miss
Indiana Univ. of PA
Drexel University (seems easier than I think it is, but it's possible.)
Slippery Rock (Also in PA, seems pretty cool. I know a few people who go here)
University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) - Also does not require a FL and is a great school from what I've heard. Would definately be different than anything I have seen before.
University of Indianapolis- Similar to UNLV.
Oklahoma St - Great football team, seems like it'd be awesome.

There are only a few I have found so far. Few are local and a few are a good distance away from home. What I am really looking forward to is something different than what I have been part of my whole life. It's starting to get bored and by 2011 it will be much needed. To those of you who are wondering why I am posting this, it's basically some sort of motivation for me as well as a few people had asked. If you don't wanna read about it, I don't blame you.

OT: I may miss a few weekends here and there due to visiting colleges, will update again with specific dates.
+Quote Post
Speedhawaii
post Oct 9 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #5

King

Topic Count: 20
Member No.: 529

I'm not telling you what you should do, but I'd advise you to spend as much time possible on your current studies, homework, exams, etc. Colleges tend to examine the Junior year of prospective students and tend to base their acceptance on Junior year grades + SATs. I'm happy that you're doing well, so make sure to keep it up.

P.S - UNLV, I don't know man, I was there for a weekend and it was a massive orgy of parties there. Great for a first year experience, but I wouldn't recommend it for the long run.

Good luck bro.

+Quote Post
jBm
post Oct 9 2009, 06:28 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(Speedhawaii @ Oct 9 2009, 02:26 AM) *

I'm not telling you what you should do, but I'd advise you to spend as much time possible on your current studies, homework, exams, etc. Colleges tend to examine the Junior year of prospective students and tend to base their acceptance on Junior year grades + SATs. I'm happy that you're doing well, so make sure to keep it up.

P.S - UNLV, I don't know man, I was there for a weekend and it was a massive orgy of parties there. Great for a first year experience, but I wouldn't recommend it for the long run.

Good luck bro.

Thanks, and yea I think I have finally figured it all out. And I didn't know that about UNLV actually, we'll see tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Geert
post Oct 9 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #7

Topic Count: 231
Member No.: 4,637

Stop looking.
+Quote Post
Null Strikes
post Oct 9 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #8

Break The Mould

Topic Count: 117
Member No.: 10,436

Gl man, seems like your on the right track
+Quote Post
hawk9191
post Oct 10 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #9

Topic Count: 75
Member No.: 34,475

come to roger williams university in Rhode Island (lol) Seriously grades are not everything with getting into college, good sat score, being active in sports/clubs and shit. Community Service is another one. Just be a "good citizen" and write a motherfucking awesome college essay. With your family having history at PSU its definitely a lot easier to get into then if you didn't.

tl;dr don't count PSU out yet
+Quote Post
jBm
post Oct 10 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(hawk9191 @ Oct 10 2009, 02:54 PM) *

come to roger williams university in Rhode Island (lol) Seriously grades are not everything with getting into college, good sat score, being active in sports/clubs and shit. Community Service is another one. Just be a "good citizen" and write a motherfucking awesome college essay. With your family having history at PSU its definitely a lot easier to get into then if you didn't.

Well considering I KNOW you need a 3.7ish to even be considered and I have around a 3, I don't see it happening. Just being realistic.
+Quote Post
hawk9191
post Oct 11 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #11

Topic Count: 75
Member No.: 34,475

QUOTE(Jbomb @ Oct 10 2009, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(hawk9191 @ Oct 10 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Well considering I KNOW you need a 3.7ish to even be considered and I have around a 3, I don't see it happening. Just being realistic.

i got into northeastern with a 2.8, nuff said.
+Quote Post
Alex Dawg
post Oct 12 2009, 04:12 AM
Post #12

i was not magnificent

Topic Count: 155
Member No.: 15,705

Good luck in school jbomb

and just have fun with it man
+Quote Post
RcBlakDrag27
post Oct 12 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #13

Retired DK+GW pro

Topic Count: 145
Member No.: 26,975

pce
+Quote Post
jBm
post Oct 23 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #14

Just an update for anyone who still looks here and or cares.

Doing great now, straight A's and a lot happier with myself. Looks like it may be a bright future.
+Quote Post
Geert
post Oct 23 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #15

Topic Count: 231
Member No.: 4,637

QUOTE(Jbomb @ Oct 23 2009, 09:15 AM) *

Just an update for anyone who still looks here and or cares.

Doing great now, straight A's and a lot happier with myself. Looks like it may be a bright future.

Never thought you had it in you man.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2021 - 02:54 AM